Friday, May 7, 2010

not just any lemonade

the perfect refreshing drink for a sunny afternoon:

lemonade

es jeruk nipis, not just any lemonade

lemonade

the second best drink that comes from indonesia (next to coffee) is lemonade. but not just any lemonade, lemonade made from tiny limes, called jeruk nipis, seen in the images below. something about these limes gives the lemonade an amazing flavor, and it is oh so refreshing!

lemonade

hard to come by in canada, but you can often find these tiny limes in asian grocery stores, slightly overpriced. i was stoked to find that a vietnamese store near my house sells them! along with my favorite cartons of coconut milk (surprisingly hard to find preservative free coconut milk here).

3 comments:

Brittany Boersma said...

I can't get enough fresh lemonade lately. It's like five lemons for a dollar near my house:)

joey armstrong said...

that's a great price for lemons. the nearest shop to me sells lemons 2 for a dollar. sigh.

i just checked out your blog - i love it! i'm not vegan, but i have friends who are, so its nice to know where i can go for some great recipe ideas. :)

Josie said...

Mmmmm.....I only EVER order es jeruk nipis - tanpa garam, tanpa gula! My favorite!